Integrative Medicine in Orlando, FL
At Welliom, we serve our community by offering integrative medicine in Orlando, FL. We believe in taking a whole-body approach to health and wellness through the fundamental recognition of peoples’ individuality.
We offer a friendly, tech-driven, holistic medical practice that embraces advanced, functional lab testing while cultivating the importance of our connection with our environment and community. We embrace traditional medical knowledge with the additional expertise in integrative and functional medicine.
In accordance with integrative and functional medical philosophy, we focus on the body’s physiological systems through an evidence informed, science-based approach in order to understand:
- Digestion of nutrients in context of gut health
- The role of the immune system and inflammatory processes.
- The regulation of mitochondrial function in its role in making energy for the human body
- The human body’s ability to detoxify itself
- The cell-to-cell communication through endocrine, neurotransmitter, and immune signaling
- Cardiovascular and lymphatic transport systems
- The scope of structural health (i.e. musculoskeletal system)
We want to get to know YOU. We offer longer appointment times with your physician so we can collect an in-depth medical history in a confident, empathetic, and thorough manner. The goal for our members is to achieve the healthiest life possible, which includes addressing chronic health conditions and minimizing the need for symptom suppression with pharmaceutical drugs. The focus is to help the human body attain better functioning so it is less likely to support a disease process.
Personalized medicine means medicine at your fingertips, which is why we offer a tech-friendly patient portal so you can access your medical information, lab results, food plans, and directly message your doctor and health coach. We embrace the accessibility of modern technology, which is why checking your lab results and messaging your doctor is as easy as using your smartphone.
Welliom offers more than just a regular 15 minute check-up, we focus on the root cause of health problems while also providing confident and kind medical care.
Check out our various membership options to find the right fit for your health and wellness goals.
Restoring Health with Wellness-Based Medicine
We believe in offering an integrative, holistic approach to medicine. Through this we can support each individual’s unique physiology in order to reduce our country’s alarming rate of chronic medical conditions.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at least 50 percent of American adults suffer from at least one chronic illness, which is compounded by a broken health care system that doesn’t address the “how” or “why” these diseases occur. This costs our country $3.2 trillion in health care expenses. Through effective medical therapy, many of these conditions are reversible.
We believe the future of medicine is an integrative perspective where your physician takes a personalized approach by learning about your lifestyle, environment, strengths, and weaknesses; we look at the “whole picture.” We also use advanced biomarker, genetic, and other functional lab tests to help confirm imbalances that lead to health problems.
At Welliom, we look at several factors to help us determine your health blueprint. We consider your exercise, sleep, stress, relationships, and nutrition to understand each individual’s health imbalances. That’s why when you arrive for your initial appointment, we will build a timeline of your life that considers antecedents, triggers, and mediators related to the presented health problems.
Integrative medicine is about the “whole” you: mind, body, and spirit.
Integrative Medicine in Orlando, FL
We invite you to take that first step toward optimal wellness and join our membership program at Welliom in Orlando, Florida. By becoming a new member, you become part of a growing community of like-minded individuals who want a personalized, integrative approach to health.
Here’s what to expect when you visit Welliom:
- Your doctor will take the time to know your personal story.
- We use lab and specialty tests that traditional doctors don’t use.
- We place a heavy emphasis on dietary plans for better eating and overall health.
- Our Institute for Functional Medicine certified health coach will work with you in between appointments to help you find practical ways to implement lifestyle changes for better health.
- You will have access to your lab, genetic, and biomarker results through our patient portal.
- If a nutritional supplement is recommended, we only recommend the highest rated products that have quality reputations.
- We foster a sense of community among our members.
It’s time to take that first step toward a healthier YOU. Let’s talk.
Take The first Step To A Healthy You
We believe you deserve a doctor who treats the whole-person. Click the button below to sign up for a free, no-commitment, 15-minute phone consultation where we will discuss how a functional approach to health can help you toward your health goals. Our membership program at Welliom in Orlando, Florida will enable you to become part of a growing community of like-minded individuals who want a personalized, integrative approach to health.
Hypothyroidism, or underactive thyroid, means the thyroid gland doesn’t produce enough hormones. It’s a condition t ...
The small intestine, or small bowel as it is sometimes called, is an integral part of the digestive process. Its job is ...
A disorder that is now understood to be an autoimmune reaction to the protein, gluten, celiac disease was first identif ...
An elimination food plan (a.k.a. the elimination diet) is one way for doctors to pinpoint a possible cause of a medical ...
Americans’ lack of sleep may represent a greater risk to health than previously thought. Some studies even suggest tha ...
Integrative medicine is a philosophy and practice of medical arts that integrates all aspects of a patient’s healing. ...
What Exactly Is Turmeric? Turmeric is an Asian herb/spice commonly used as the basis for curry powder. Turmeric has a sl ...
Medical studies and understanding how the human body works both provide doctors and health care practitioners with refer ...
Highly processed foods filled with sugar, flour and complex carbohydrates may cause people to have inflammation througho ...
Magnesium is a mineral just as important to human health compared to more well-known minerals such as iron, calcium and ...
We Focus On The Root Cause Of Health Problems
We offer several services with the goal of helping you achieve the best health possible. These services include:
- Nutritional Food Plans – Everyone has unique nutritional needs based on medical history, activity levels, family history, and genetic predisposition. We offer a variety of food plans specifically formulated by the Institute for Functional Medicine and tailored to each individual’s needs. In other words, we use food as medicine to help improve overall health.
- Bio-identical Hormone Replenishment Therapy – Based on your health history, we measure certain hormone levels including estrogen, testosterone, DHEA, cortisol, and progesterone. We focus on replenishment based on each individual’s unique needs and only if the individual is a candidate for hormone therapy.
- Nutritional Supplementation – Supplements take the most sought after components of foods and concentrates them. The purpose of supplements is to help improve certain functional processes of the human body. Ideally it is best to get nutrients from foods, but appropriate use of supplements can help make up for prior deficients and nutritional gaps. We only recommend the highest rated supplements from companies who have the best reputations.
- Heath Coaching – All great athletes have a great coach. We believe this also applies to health. Our health coach is one of the leaders in the field of functional medicine coaching. By signing up with Welliom, you will be offer health coaching sessions so we may work with you through each step to better health.
- Advanced Lab Testing – We offer lab tests that conventional primary care doctors don’t order. This is important because we don’t guess… we check. We are able to gather in-depth information about the state of each individuals health to provide further insight and guidance for each unique treatment plan. Based on the medical history, advanced lab testing can include: advanced cardiovascular cholesterol profiles, inflammatory biomarkers, nutritional markers, microbiome analysis, mold biotoxin analysis, heavy metal screening,
We offer a functional approach for treatment of several health conditions including:
- Autoimmunity – i.e., rheumatoid arthritis, lupus
- Thyroid disorders
- Cardiometabolic disease – obesity, diabetes, hypertension,
- Gut health – ulcerative colitis, crohn’s disease, dysbiosis, SIBO, food sensitivities, Acid reflux/GERD
- Neurological conditions – alzheimer’s dementia/cognitive impairment, Parkinson’s disease, fatigue, migraine headaches
- Hormone imbalances – menopause, low testosterone
- Skin disorders – psoriasis, acne, eczema
- Nutritional deficiencies
Frequently Asked Questions
What wellness plans do you offer?
We realize that everyone has different needs in regards to their health. Therefore, we have developed four different wellness plans: The Welliom Membership, The Welliom Membership Plus, The Welliom Assessment, and Welliom à la carte. Each plan has been designed for different health goals for individuals. You can learn more about each plan here.
What about lab testing?
- Many lab tests offered in our integrative, functional medicine program can be covered by insurance by varying degrees. Any specific test we order will be personalized to you based on your evaluation by a Welliom physician — and the test may cover blood, stool, urine or saliva testing. If a conventional test is needed, we utilize services from Quest Diagnostics or LabCorp.
Do you also have a health coach?
Do you accept insurance or bill insurance companies?
- We work for you… not the insurance companies. This allows us to provide the highest quality integrative and functional medicine services. We are considered out-of-network for insurance providers and currently do not participate in insurance programs.
- Sometimes, insurance companies can provide coverage for certain lab orders. Check with your insurer to see if they cover certain labs tests if they have been ordered for you.